Lecture + Exercises
- Tuesday 8:15 – 9:45, Room 02.134-113 UnivIS
- Monday 10:15 – 11:45, Room 04.158 UnivIS
- Monday 12:15 – 13:45, Room 04.158
- Wednesday 8:15 – 9:45, Room 04.158
- Wednesday 12:15 – 13:45, Room 04.158
- Lecture 2 SWS, Exercise, 2 SWS
- 2,5 + 2,5
- Purchasing with Colloquium
- Qualified for main study
- The basic aspects of IP based networks has been explained in the lecture Rechnerkommunikation This advanced lecture Communication Systems provides insight into other networking techniques. It includes circuit switching in telephone and optical networks, virtual circuit switching (e.g. MPLS), multimedia communications in packet switched networks (streaming, RTP. H.323, SIP, Multicast, IPTV), quality of service in packet switched networks (Integrated Services, RSVP, Differentiated Services, Active Queue Management, Policing, Scheduling), wireless and mobile communication (GSM, UMTS, LTE, Wimax, WLAN, Bluetooth, sensor nets, Mobile IP) and industrial communication in automation networks. The exercises include practical assignments in a lab environment: the lab contains several IP routers, switches and hosts, IP phones and softphones for VoIP communication. All these devices will be configured and tested. An additional lab consists of a GSM base station and mobile phones. It allows to observe and analyze the communication messages at different layers of the protocol stack.
This lecture will be held only in German. Detailed information can therefore be found on the German version of this site.
Communication Systems (KS) UnivIS
Exercises to Communication Systems (ÜKS) UnivIS